I Am Homeless
Sometimes things happen which cannot be overcome without help.
If you are experiencing that kind of personal devastation or you know someone who is struggling in such a way - perhaps a family member or a friend - there is help at Providence House. We offer programs and services designed to meet the needs of homeless families with children and families. We offer programs to comfort, encourage, and guide families back to self-sufficiency.
Please Contact Us! We Can Help!
814 Cotton Street
Shreveport, Louisiana 71101
Fast Facts on Homelessness
- Families with children comprise one of the fastest-growing segments of the homeless population today.
- 13% of Americans live in poverty, including one in five children - the highest rate in the industrialized world.
- 42% of homeless children are under the age of 6.
- Almost 60% of Americans will spend at least one year below the poverty line at some point between ages 25 and 75.
- There is no city or county anywhere in the United States where a worker making the minimum wage can afford a fair market rate one-bedroom apartment.
- 2 million additional American children will fall victim to the foreclosure crisis over the next two years.
But there is hope. Find out how you can get involved to make a difference in the lives of homeless families.